Saturday, March 22, 2014

First Mission

First mission I had to do is to collect my fancy items and for different reasons attract my attention, including meaningless or irrelevant things then let the creative process lead me back to an important encounter that at first seemed quite neutral or even something that made you feel repelled or exasperated.

I was starting in my room and collect these fancy things:
1. A green marker
2. A chocolate box from last year valentine
3. An origami souvenir from my Japanese friend
4. 98th anniversary card
5. Hook's CD from their manager
6. My childhood picture
7. and a photo box as my birthday gift from someone two years ago



Then, I started observing deeply...

They are mostly things which I got from someone...
An empty chocolate box which is the first one I got from someone, a CD from someone I already knew that day and I still remember his name, Mas Andre.
I only pick two for seven which is I didn't get from someone, my childhood picture and a green marker.

Then I wondered what journey they had been through to arrive in my hands, how many hands touch them before mine do, how many surfaces they felt before me, how many people involved to making them then brought them to my hands, and how many people, hands, scars came to them after me?

They all came from different home.  An anniversary card which might be coming from one of tree at Borneo and met a lumberjack's hands, or an origami paper which might be bought from one store at Shizuoka, Japan, or the farthest one my photo box from Banff, Canada which might ever see a polar bear, took a long flight to get here, and unconsciously visited Hongkong because he was in someone's bag and couldn't see where he was exactly.

They all have their own journey, their own story.  Just like people.  Me.  I have a longer story than "a far far away island" which brought me here, today.  And it involved many people, things, situations to make who I am today.


  • A green marker, I don't even know the cashier's name who served me.
  • An anniversary card? I didn't even meet with someone who made it.
  • My childhood picture doesn't like me right now.  She is weird and I'm not that weird.  I don't know who took that picture, it could be my dad, my mom, or someone I never knew.  I don't even thank you yet to someone who invented the camera, but he/she is one of person that involved in my life to make me know how my childhood face.
  • That free CD, I don't know how old is Mas Andre, I only met him once, I only remember his name and his face.
  • An origami souvenir, the last time I talked with her is about 8 months ago, I don't know where is she right now.
  • An empty chocolate box, I don't ever think who made the chocolate before.
  • A photo box, I don't know where is the person in the first picture going right now or I don't even know someone who took that first picture, may be he is someone I knew or someone I never knew or someone I don't know yet.


For these seven fancy things, there is a loooooooot of a stranger people who involved to bring it into my life.
Can you imagine how The Creator is working? Incredible!

Can you imagine how many people already involved in your life, with or without you knowing them?
And then, how many people's life we are already involved?
How much involved we are?
For good or bad impact?




**********************First Mission (I think) is completed (for a while)*********************
it took hours to write it into words, er kill me!


No comments:

Post a Comment